Communities in Schools Ohio
SINCE 1993 WE HAVE BEEN HELPING OHIO SCHOOLS ASSESS THE NEEDS OF THEIR YOUTH AND DESIGN PLANS FOR MEETING THOSE NEEDS USING EXISTING RESOURCES. Our experienced staff joins forces with school administrators
to build sustainable collaborations to benefit young people.
WE CONNECT SCHOOLS AND THEIR STUDENTS TO THESE SERVICES.
In some schools, services are made available to all students and their families. In other schools, CIS connects services with particular students in need, either on a one-time basis or as part of a carefully monitored case management system.
- Case Management
- Tutoring and academic support
- Mental health services and counseling
- After-school programs
- Links to food, housing, clothing, utilities
- Dropout prevention
- Leadership skills and training
- Delinquency and violence prevention
- Literacy training
- Pregnancy prevention
- Gang intervention and prevention
- Services for non-English speaking students
- College and career readiness preparation
- Physical health education and care
- Substance abuse prevention and intervention
- Parenting education